Like you, we're monitoring the latest news about the coronavirus. We want you to know that the safety and wellbeing of our members remains a top priority. Also like you, during these past few weeks we’ve been focused on doing everything necessary to keep our families safe and healthy.
We understand that with the rapidly changing updates people are in different places when it comes to doing what is best for them and their families. We cannot stress enough that we believe in responsible and safe practices. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout our training locations. We have increased the frequency of cleaning in public spaces and using high quality disinfectants. In addition, we are educating our staff on prevention measures and requiring that any staff members who feel sick stay home.
As we continue to monitor developments and navigate through these circumstances, we want you to know that you can rely on us to put your health and safety first.
Upcoming changes in effect starting TODAY through Mar 31st
- We will take an approximate a 2-week break between now and the end of the month. There will be no Big West scheduled activities including Big West leagues.
- Because the city has suspended all field permits temporarily, we will be planning a weekly training program indoors at BPA going forward starting in April if we do not receive our field clearance.
- If it comes to it, all indoor training events will be in smaller groups of around 10 or less kids and we will be raising the nets to accommodate defensive training, etc.
- Between now and then, your coach may choose to run independent workouts outdoors in smaller groups outdoors or on the weekends at BPA
- Certain tournament organizations may be running, and your team is welcome to participate in games if they are available just like you do now
- Our facility will remain open for our members, and you are all welcome to go in and train during business hours.
At this time and since we have the option, we are not ready to make any long term drastic changes, but will be implementing changes we feel will honor the recommended government guidelines.
I must say, we are so fortunate to have the luxury of still being able to train- even under new circumstances. Most clubs right now are completely shut down and after a spike in inquiries we have put a pause on any new members coming on right now. We have made a commitment to focus on making sure our existing members are satisfied first, and that our new changes are safe before we decide to take on any new memberships.
That being said our hopes are that you the member will follow our stance and also not make any drastic changes. Right now is not a time to panic but should be a time for us to be responsible, and respectful in regards to helping minimize everyone’s risk of contracting the virus and more importantly sharing it with those susceptible to encountering more severe symptoms of the virus.
Our #1 priority right now is to ensure our coaches are still receiving a paycheck, and our facility remains supported so that we can offer it to our members. Based on present and past data, we feel the virus is going to be a temporary short lived situation that potentially could require only a month or 2 of new temporary changes. With that being said, last thing we want to do in the process is lose our valuable resources that we are all going to want to have when the dust eventually settles.
We thank you for all the support we have received thus far, and continued support.
-Big West BPA Staff